Overall, I see the US Naval Study nicely suited for priming the pipeline of future technology, and yet, simply because they’re present, well it is not time for you to rest on our laurels due to the fact you can find other prospective enemies afoot establishing their very own weapons systems. Weapons that might challenge us inside the coming decade or two, and when you get behind in the technology race it requires years to catch up. In my humble opinion and with no ego, I think that the US Navy should have the strongest force in all of the oceans within this solar system, and I am not exaggerating when I say that either.
Okay so, not long ago, I was challenged on specifics of exactly what I mean by that statement so let me give you 8 new technologies we’ll need to maintain our naval superiority moving forward in the twenty-first century. For the US Navy, properly, yes, I have some fears I’d like to see shored up to shield our Nation, Assets, Foreign Interests, Allies, and protect shipping worldwide while keeping the capability to strike quickly or respond to Organic Disasters.
I’d like to see our Naval Researchers look into a few of these Great Projects and ideas. Below I have listed a number of my ideas, but realize this was a 10-minute exercise, so there are lots of far more bundled in my head, to add to this list:
- Capability to Swarm combat UAVs (carrier-based)
- Capability to defend the fleet against swarm anti-ship missiles with Aegis, Lasers, Metal Storm
- Off-shore underwater early warning through UUV, AUV (powered off of ocean wave, volcanic vent, wind power re-charge) forming a net-centric net
- Track all foreign subs, ships, attack boats, robotic assets – friend or foe (pollution signatures, advanced sonar, satellite, AUVs in fish college cloak, and so forth.)
- Manage of Choke Points for shipping with stealth surveillance and pirate elimination through decoy Yachts, Cargo Ships, Tankers.
- Far better Intelligence with coastal nation-state militaries and police forces via collaboration, information, and facts inflow need-to-know and data collection robust
- Absolute laptop security, cloaking fake networks to watch the incoming attacks, see where they go, charge misdirection, lead to enemies to needless investment against bogus threats.
- Ten-fold increase sophisticated weapon system innovation, the hard-core push towards the seemingly impossible, anticipate success to win.
Certainly, implementation of such need to be streamlined to initiate speedy and put into the fleet. Superb and successful instruction can also be critical, perhaps using futuristic, off the shelf high-tech training, VR immersion. You see, we will have to defend a lot of hot spots in the world and chokepoints such as the Straits of Hormuz, Suez Canal, Arabian Sea, Black Sea, Caspian, I’ve several other concepts also, but please consider all this.